This past weekend I was looking for something really easy to throw together Easter morning before we headed out to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house. I found a Cheddar biscuit recipe on All Recipes and just made some minor changes and came out with these. These biscuits are a delicious and quick breakfast. You can always remove the bacon and also serve them as dinner biscuits. I got 8 biscuits from the recipe below.
Ingredients (Adapted from All Recipes)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits (I use Oscar Myer Real Bacon Bits pouches)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, Cheddar, bacon bits, parsley, and garlic powder. Stir in 1/3 cup melted butter and milk.
3. Drop biscuits onto greased cooking sheet, bake for 10 minutes. If not proceeding to optional Step 4, cook biscuits a total of 15 minutes.
4. (optional) Brush biscuits with melted butter and bake an additional 5 minuntes.