Ingredients (Yielded 45 bites)
- 2 baking potatoes
-3 oz softened cream cheese
-2 tablespoons butter, melted
-3 tablespoons milk
- 4-5 slices of bacon
-3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1 tablespoon dried chives (or equivalent of fresh chopped chives)
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
-3 boxes of 15-ct phyllo shells, thawed
1. Peel and and cut potatoes into chunks, place in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Once cooked, drain water and return potato to pot.
2. While potatoes are cooking, bake bacon strips at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes until crispy. Cut into small pieces.
3. After bacon is cooked, place the phyllo shells on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 350 degrees for 2-4 minutes to crisp. (this step is optional, you don't have to pre-crisp shells)
4. To the potatoes add the cream cheese, melted butter, and milk. With a handheld mixer, blend together. You just want to combine the ingredients until it holds together, if too thick add more milk. You DO NOT want this to be smooth or the consistency of mashed potatoes....you still want some chunks of potato in there.
5. Once blended, add the bacon pieces and cheese. Stir to combine. Next add the garlic powder, garlic salt, and chives. Stir to combine.
6. Fill phyllo shells with mixture and sprinkle with paprika, bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream or ketchup for dipping.
A Seasoned Greeting Original Recipe