A few weeks ago I was really wanting to make something like a Greek Taco. After doing a little research online, I cam across this recipe from Taste of Home. I'm a little picky with food so I knew I'd need to edit it a bit to fit our tastes, but it was a good starting point! I loved the flavor combinations of the Greek seasoned beef, feta cheese, spinach, cucumbers, and tzatziki sauce. My only recommendation is to stick to the 2 teaspoons of Greek seasoning...I added more since I thought I couldn't taste it when I was cooking the beef and wow did I go overboard on that!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked frozen spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Soft taco shells
- 1/3 cup diced cucumbers for garnish
Ingredients- Tzatziki Sauce
- 8oz Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cucumbers
1. To make the tzatziki, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a pan over medium heat, cook the ground beef until it is no longer pink. Add the pepper, cooked spinach, and Greek seasoning. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
3. Spoon beef mixture over soft taco shell, top with crumbled feta cheese, tzatziki sauce, and diced cucumbers.
Adapted from: All Recipes (Tzatziki)