On a side note, I am so thrilled it is Friday. I am really looking forward to not having any work obligations this weekend! Hopefully I can just relax, catch up on my shows, and do some Fall cooking!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used a Hickory Brown Sugar)
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 chicken breasts (or tenderloins)
1. Preheat oven to 375. On a baking sheet, place the bacon strips and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes until crispy. Pat grease off and cut into small bite-size pieces.
2. Butterfly chicken breast, place bacon on chicken and roll up. Place in casserole dish.
3. In a bowl, combine the syrup, BBQ sauce, and the brown sugar.over chicken. Pour over chicken and bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
Adapted from: All Recipes