So my least favorite 'holiday' is right around the corner...Halloween. Oh my God I hate it with a passion. Every year I say I'm not going to dress up or do anything, and every year we wind up deciding to go out, which leaves me scrambling to come up with some mediocre and predictable costume. Since this same cycle continued this year (I wasn't going to do anything, but now we are) I am left to again concoct some stupid costume. I came up with a few, but decided they were a little too controversial and maybe "too soon", so I scraped them and am just doing something predictable and boring....well I guess at least I'm sticking with my tradition?
- 1 Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (I use a hickory brown sugar)
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/3 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
-1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese-1 or 2 cooked chicken breasts (just depends on how much chicken you want)
1. Butterfly chicken and cook in a frying pan over medium heat about 6 minutes per side or until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Once cooked, shred into small bite-size pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out pizza crust onto lightly Pam sprayed baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Once crust is cooked, top with BBQ sauce. If you like a thicker sauce, just add as much BBQ as desired. Sprinkle sauce with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder. Top with shredded chicken, then Mozzarella cheese, then Italian blend cheese. Last, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
4. Place pizza back in oven under broiler for 5-6 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. If crust is getting too dark, cover with strips of foil to keep it from the direct heat.
Source: A Seasoned Greeting-Original Recipe