This is another dish I had on m 28x28 list, Oven Fried Chicken with Dipping Sauce. My husband and I like a fried chicken chain called Raising Cane's and they have the best dipping sauce I've ever had! Obviously, it's a secret recipe but I was able to find something online that comes pretty darn close, and is a nice alternative to a typical honey mustard sauce. I love the crunch that the cornflakes give the chicken tenders!
-2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for dredging
-salt and freshly ground pepper
-4 cups cornflakes
-2/3 cup buttermilk
-3/4 teaspoon ground sage
-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. On a plate, season the flour with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the cornflakes in a Ziploc bag and crush them either with a meat tenderizer or with a rolling pin. Pour the crushed flakes into a wide bowl or onto a plate.
3. In a large bowl mix the buttermilk, garlic powder, and sage. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then give each piece a good buttermilk bath and then roll in the cornflake crumbs to coat completely.
4. Arrange the chicken pieces on a baking sheet. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until cooked through and crispy.
Ingredients for Dipping Sauce
-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
-1⁄4 cup ketchup
-1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
-1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
-1 teaspoon paprika
1. Stir all together and serve with fried chicken.
Source: Food Network