I had made this salad about 2 weeks ago for our girl's night dinner we do once a month. It was my job to bring the salad. I wanted to do something really fresh and a little more depth than just a garden salad. I found a recipe for a Strawberry Vinaigrette salad and the ingredients sounded so good I knew I had to try it. I kept the salad the same as the original recipe, but the dressing recipe seemed to be lacking so I searched around a little more until I found a recipe that sounded like what I was looking for. I increased the amount of balsamic vinegar, since after I made it according to the recipe it wasn't what I would consider a dressing...it was thicker and lacked the tanginess of the vinegar. After those modifications, it was a delicious hit!
-1 large bag baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 3/4 cup crushed pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Combine spinach, strawberries, feta cheese, and pecans in a large bowl and toss with strawberry vinaigrette dressing.
Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
-1 cup olive oil
-3/4 cup strawberries, halved
-4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1 teaspoon white sugar
1. In a food processor, mix olive oil, strawberries, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. Blend until smooth.
Source: This Mommy Cooks