So how's everyone's New Year's diet going? At only Day 6 of 2017 I hope you're all still going strong.
Believe it or not, this recipe isn't bad for you! Well...ok the original recipe isn't bad for you I just never buy "fat free" "2%" "low fat" so I opted to use good ole full fat versions of the ingredients. If you're looking to cut cals, click the link at the bottom for the figure friendly version.
-2 teaspoons olive oil
-1/2 white onion, diced
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 red bell pepper, diced
-1/4 green bell pepper, diced
-2/3 cup corn (frozen or canned)
-5 ounces cream cheese
-1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
-1/4 teaspoon chili powder
-1/4 teaspoon cumin
-6 inch tortillas
-paprika and garlic powder
1. Heat oven to 425. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute about 4 minutes. Then add the peppers and saute an additional 3-4 minutes. Add the corn and cumin and chili powder and cook another 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the cream cheese and stir well to melt. Add the pepper jack cheese and stir until melted.
4. To assemble, spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a tortilla and roll it tightly around the mixture and put it onto the baking sheet with the seam side down. Continue until all the mixture is used.
5. Brush the taquitos with olive oil then sprinkle with a dash of paprika and garlic powder. Bake for 12 minutes.
Source: Prevention RD