First let me say, this doesn't taste like spinach at all. Don't roll your eyes! It really doesn't, and it even has 2 cups of fresh spinach.
This is a fantastic way to start your day. It's delicious, jam packed with vitamins, and you'll feel great after drinking it. It's even great as your mid-morning or afternoon snack, and you don't have to feel guilty about enjoying it! While I mostly use all spinach, you can easily use kale instead or do a combination or kale and spinach. The only think I ask (ok, demand) is don't use real milk, stick with the almond milk, it's so much better for you!
- 2 cups (or more if you want) of fresh spinach (or kale)
-1 large ripe banana
-2 tablespoons peanut butter
-8oz unsweetened almond milk
-3-4 ice cubes
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet. If you're getting too much of a 'planty' taste, just add a tad more peanut butter and that will do the trick!
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
There's no wrong time of the year to enjoy a delicious apple crisp. Who cares that it's not Fall, the combination of sweet apples, warm cinnamon, and cool vanilla ice cream makes the perfect dessert (or breakfast) year round!
-6-7 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced to medium thickness (not too thin so it isn't mushy, but not too thick where they are difficult to eat)
-1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
-1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
-1/2 cup white sugar
-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
-1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1 1/2 cups flour
-3/4 cup white sugar
-3/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark is fine)
-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
-1 cup oatmeal
-2 sticks butter, diced
1. Heat oven to 350. Butter a 9x9 baking dish. You can use larger too, but I like mine thick and a thick crumble. You can also use a 9x13 rectangle dish or a 9x14 oval dish.
2. Combine the apple slices, juices, sugar, and spices. If mixture looks too dry, add a tablespoon of water. Pour into the baking dish.
3. Combine all the topping ingredients in an electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on low until it is crumbly and the butter is the size of peas. Scatter topping over apples.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with ice cream.
Source: Ina Garten